increasing pitch and range

I'm using Emacspeak 40 (r9262) with Emacs 24.3. I use Espeak as my tts.

Is there a way to raise the pitch and range for the general voice?
I've looked through the customize interface and the code itself, but I
haven't been able to figure out how to do this. I use Espeak at a
pretty high speed, which sounds pretty crappy at the current pitch and
inflection settings.

Thanks in advance.

Hussain Jasim