Re: emacspeak and orgstruct-mode key bindings

Peter,

This is strange.

I spent some time doing a git bisect on the org-mode source and thought
I'd found where the problem happens.

The trouble is that it was just a commit changing some html and had no
relationship to this.  After further testing it doesn't actually look
like the problem is caused by this or the near by commits.

Out of interest the commit that is meant to be the first bad commit is:
1d7bf33c5f8e2f62e0c49cdc1a68ed1384cfbb98

But now I'm not convinced that is the problem.

All I do to test is load emacs with the -Q option and then load
org-mode.

The line I use on my mac to launch emacs is:
open -F -n /Users/bart/emacs/head/Emacs.app  --args -fg white -bg black  -Q -l /Users/bart/emacs/site-lisp/test-init.el --no-splash

and test-init.el is:

;;; init.el
;; This is the first thing to get loaded.

(setq load-path (cons "~/emacs/head/src/emacspeak/lisp" load-path))
(setq emacspeak-directory "~/emacs/head/src/emacspeak")
(setq dtk-program "mac")
(setq mac-default-speech-rate 500)
(load-file "~/emacs/head/src/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-setup.el")

;Make sure our copy of org-mode gets loaded
(setq load-path (cons "~/emacs/head/src/org-mode/lisp" load-path))
(require 'org)

This is about as simple a setup as I could think of that just loads
emacspeak and then org.

I've rebuilt emacspeak from a fresh checkout I've rebuilt org as well
from a fresh clone
many times.

The kicker though is if I comment out the emacspeak part of test-init.el
then orgstruct-mode works as it should.  Of course though without speech
which is no use to me :).

I have to conclude from this that the bug is in emacspeak somewhere or
I'm missing something about the way emacs loads.  To the best of my
knowledge this is a clean load using the -Q switch which should then
only load what ever is in the test-init.el file as specified on the
commandline.

Am I missing something?

Emacs, emacspeak and org-mode are checked out from the latest versions.

Here is the contents of my messages buffer in case it helps.

You will se the bit that says c-up is not defined, that is after I've
turned on orgstruct-mode and hit c (then i must have hit up arrow).
The next line or so shows where my org library is found which is
correct.

I'm stuck, any ideas on how to troubleshoot further would be much
appreciated!

Oh, and I've asked on the org list and no one else is seeing this which
makes sence given the test above where it works without loading emacspeak.

** Messages buffer **
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
ad-handle-definition: `pcomplete' got redefined
ad-handle-definition: `pcomplete-list' got redefined
ad-handle-definition: `browse-url-of-buffer' got redefined
ad-handle-definition: `browse-url-of-region' got redefined
ad-handle-definition: `frameset-to-register' got redefined
 c <up>  is undefined
End of buffer  [2 times]
Quit  [2 times]
Library is file ~/emacs/head/src/org-mode/lisp/org.elc

Peter Rayner <prayner@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Partially confirmed.
> It happens under my usual set up but when I just load emacspeak and
> not my .emacs it's ok. Are you running a recent org-mode distribution
> in /usr/share? Mine is loaded via .emacs so isn't loaded if I do a
> bare emacspeak launch. Leads me to suspect someone forgot a backslash
> or a remap or something in orgstruct mode.
> cheers
> Peter
>

> --
> Support us in the OXFAM trailwalker as we try to walk 100km in 24
> hours. <https://trailwalker.oxfam.org.au/team/home/15596>
>
> Peter Rayner
> room 343
> School of Earth Sciences, University of Melbourne, 3010, Vic, Australia
> tel: work: +61 (0)3 8344 9708; fax: +61 (0)3 8344 7761
> mobile +61 402 752 379, skype: petermorag
> mail-to: prayner@xxxxxxxxxxx
Bart
--

Bart Bunting