Reviewing terminal output efficiently

Hey there,

In shell mode, when you type a command, say, ls, you get the output and the cursor is put at the end of the output, where you can type another command. Sometimes you want to go to the beginning of the output and read line by line, what is an efficient approach to get back the the beginning of the output of the last command?

If I know that I will be going back I use C-space, execute the command and then C-x C-x to get back there. But this is not always the case. Is there an easy way to get back to the beginning of the output?