re-installing Emacs

Hi List,

When I re-install GNU emacs on my Caldera system  do I need
to  install both emacs and emacs-lisp from a source distribution or
would an emacs-nox binary work as well?  Whichever one I pick is going
to be a long download over my modem even if I can connect at 56 K (which
my ISP occasionally downgrades to 19.2 on the fly, so I'd like to do this
correctly the first time.

As an alternative, I can get hold of a slackware distribution CD. Do they use
GNU Emacs?

Thanks.

Rudy