Re: Auditory icons

Hi Rob,

Try keying C-u C-e C-a. Emacspeak should say "turned on auditory icons".
Ditto toggles icons off. If you do not use the emacs universal prefix C-u,
then the icons will toggle on/off locally in the current buffer. I think
this is the case about local icons.

If your soundcare is not working properly, that is a different problem.
There are good soundcard howtos. The icons are .au files, so, midi is not
being used. Dont know anything about your card. I have a creative AWE64
card. I am also running slackware linux 7.1 (2.2.26 kernel). emacs 20.7.2
emacspeak 14.0.

Bill Gaughan