Re: ViaVoice set up

If you have ViaVoice running on your system already, here is how you can
select the ViaVoice server in emacspeak:

keys are C-u C-e d d

you will be prompted to enter the speech server:. you type "outloud"
(without quotes of course). to return to the default dec-express use
server dtk-exp. You probably will not get the audio icons to sound if you
are using ViaVoice. I don't, but then, I do not have a multi-channel sound
card.

NOTE: As far as I know, ViaVoice will not work properly if you are using
the ALSA drivers to power your sound card. Does anybody know why this is
the case, why ViaVoice has a problem running under the ALSA sound drivers?

--
Bill Gaughan
wgaughan@xxxxxxxxxxx