Re: ViaVoice set up

    B> NOTE: As far as I know, ViaVoice will not work properly if you
    B> are using the ALSA drivers to power your sound card. Does
    B> anybody know why this is the case, why ViaVoice has a problem
    B> running under the ALSA sound drivers?

I regularly use ViaVoice under the ALSA drivers with the es1371 driver,
but I have experienced troubles with loud pops using other drivers; as
I discovered trying to compress VV output for use with the telephone,
the IBM wav files generated by VV are extremely noisy and begin with a
large cliff that translates into an explosion on some sound systems.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@xxxxxxxxxxx>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
T(C)Inc Business Innovations through Open Source http://www.teledyn.com