Yahoo cookies and w3?

Anyone know why w3 (pre.46) will not accept Yahoo! mail cookies?  I
have the variable "url-cookie-confirmation" set to `t.  I answer "y"
when asked to accept the cookie.  Yahoo doesn't think w3 has accepted
the cookie; I get "expired" messages.

When reading the documentation on using gnus to read mail, there was
something about a patch that needs to be applied to url-cookie for web
email.  This might be related?  Any idea what I should do to
"url-cookie.el"?

Thanks,

-Dave