Best advice for new user

Hello:

I'm about to try to introduce my dad to emacspeak; he's an octogenarian,
smart, not afraid of a challenge, has peripheral vision in one eye, and,
before he lost most of his vision, loved Googling and email.  I'd like to
give both back to him.

The emacs learning curve is steep.  Any suggestions about how I can set
things up to make it as easy as possible for my Dad to get started?

Patrick