Re: changing gnome2 window-manager to sawfish

Hi Tim,
As one who continues to stay up to date with Gnome and gnopernicus I have
seen alot of improvement with both over the past year. True, you probably
won't gain much by going to Gnome if all you want is email, text editor, and
a web browser. However, in the larger scheme of things Gnome is now a great
place to run java applications including StarOffice 7, and there are some
advantages to using the Sun Accessibility build of Mozilla.
Over the past year other flagship apps like Oricle have become accessible to
gnopernicus on Solaris and Linux platforms via the gnome and java
accessibility framework.
At this point it is really a matter of requirements. If someone needs to
exchange files with someone at work using MS Word file formats that
functionality is now a reality using gnopernicus and the latest builds of
Staroffice. However, for normal text file reading or editing either emacs or
gedit can be used, and neither is required.By and large for text editing I
still use emacs with emacspeak because I have grown fond of the editor and
the ability to read entire buffers.
Anyway, sorry to rant,, but my recommendation is to use both technologies as
I do. I often switch between gnopernicus and emacspeak depending on the task
I wish to proform.
Hth.