emacspeak with freeTTS

Hi guys,

I am a newbie. I am trying to run emacspeak with Freetts. The included emacspeak speech server in the FreeTTS package runs quite well. However,character echo,word echo and line echo don't work. I have made sure they are toggled on within emacspeak. I have also checked it using a packet sniffer,emacspeak does not send the characters to the speech server.I think the problem is emacspeak thinks i have a hardware synthesiser.I use the emacspeak-remote-connect-to-server to connect to the speech server.

Also what values should i set for the environment variables DTK_PROGRAM,DTK_PORT,DTK_TCL.

Regards,
deepak