Re: w3 issues

I still use the emacs 21.4 package from Debian but with w3 and url
from CVS. The versions are the same as yours. newsforge.com works for
me in both w3m and w3, however it seems the be a very difficult case
for w3 as it takes  much longer  for retrieving and rendering
the site than w3m (20 s vs 3 s). I am using the Debian  packages for
w3m. Maybe you should make sure that all the Debian w3 packages are
removed or do not interfere with the CVS version.

Best regards, Lukas