Re: w3 issues

"T. V. Raman" <raman@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> It did render in my emacs/w3 -- I'm running emacs 22 (out of
> Emacs CVS).

I've not yet upgraded to the cvs emacs yet.  I am sure I will soon, as I
want to get the face changes taken care of.  I am running:

(w3-version)
"WWW p4.0pre.47, URL Exp"
url-version
"Exp"

Right now, I don't think I want to devote the time to getting w3 to
work.  I think I might have not installed something correctly, as the
history functions do not work.  Some variables and functions that are
mentioned in the info manual do not seem to be assigned or even exist,
if I remember correctly, and the manual seems to need updating.  All in
all, I like w3, if only for the fact that it will render italics and pre
tags can have face and voice assignments, something that is not possible
in w3m.  This limitation, by the way, is a problem with w3m, and not
emacs-w3m.

Maybe I should just start porting the functionality I think might be
useful for me from w3 to emacs-w3m.  Right now, though, I think w3 has
to go on the back burner.

Thanks,

rdc