Re: w3 issues

emacs 22 cvs has url bundled in it. But it's sadly broken with
respect to handling http redirects, and I use the url package out
of w3 cvs repository. Unfortunately the person who tokk over url
and put it into the cvs repos for emacs has not been paying it
much attention, so personally I'd recommend dropping the url
package from emacs 22.

    Robert> Robert D. Crawford and I differ in the url-version we
    Robert> have.  Robert D. Crawford has:
    Robert>
    Robert>     url-version "Exp"
    Robert>
    Robert> but I have:
    Robert>
    Robert>     url-version "Emacs"
    Robert>
    Robert> from emacs/lisp/url/url-vars.el copyright 2006
    Robert>
    Robert> We both have the same W3
    Robert>
    Robert>     (w3-version) "WWW p4.0pre.47, URL Exp"
    Robert>
    Robert> -- Robert J. Chassell bob@xxxxxxxxxxx GnuPG Key
    Robert> ID: 004B4AC8 http://www.rattlesnake.com