Re: revised patches

"T. V. Raman" <raman@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'd suggest using variables that get funcalled in
> emacspeak-webutils, and have these variables appropriately
> defined by emacspeak-w3 or emacspeak-w3m. It's still not perfect
> because you would not be able to easily switch back and forth
> between the two --- of course we could also  update  the wizard
> use-w3-or-w3m to swap out the variable settings.

OK, when you say ""defined by emacspeak-w3 or emacspeak-w3m" do you mean
define the variable as in defvar or assign value to it via setq?  Here
is what I did, using the jump to title as an example.  It is not working
and I am not sure where my thinking is flawed.

;; in emacspeak-webutils.el

(defvar emacspeak-webutils-document-title nil
  "Function variable returning the current document title.")

;; I thought this might solve the problem you mentioned about
;;switching back and forth

(make-variable-buffer-local 'emacspeak-webutils-document-title)

;;;###autoload
(defun emacspeak-webutils-jump-to-title-in-content ()
  "Jumps to the title in web document.
The first time it is called, it jumps to the first
instance  of the title.  Repeated calls jump to further
instances."
  (interactive)
  (let ((title (funcall emacspeak-webutils-document-title)))
    (condition-case nil
        (progn
          (if (not (eq last-command 'emacspeak-webutils-jump-to-title-in-content))
              (goto-char (point-min)))
          (goto-char
           (search-forward
            (substring title 0 (min 10 (length title)))))
          (emacspeak-speak-line)
          (emacspeak-auditory-icon 'large-movement))
      (error "Title not found in body."))))

;; end of emacspeak-webutils.el section

;; in emacspeak-w3.el

(setq emacspeak-webutils-document-title 'buffer-name)

;; end of emacspeak-w3.el section

;; in emacspeak-w3m.el

(setq emacspeak-webutils-document-title 'w3m-current-title)

;; end of emacspeak-w3m.el

Thanks for your help and patience,
rdc
--