Re: Cepstral

From: Juergen Zdero <juergen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Cepstral
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:46:51 +0100

> Hi,
>
> lowvision newbie asking for some help to configure emacspeak 25 to use
> Cepstral swift 4.1.
> I tried to find infos in some FAQ and via Google but unsuccessfully.
> Emacspeak and Emacs and Swift seems to work properly.
>
> regs juergen

There is no currently working server for the Cepstral Swift TTS engine. I did
write one for their previous TTS engine, theta. However, I found the voice
quality of cepstral degraded quickly once you started increasing speech rates
and therefore did not continue with the development once Cepstral changed their
API. You can find the Cepstral theta TTS engine and supporting files in the
ccontrib directory of the emacspeak distibution.