[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: error in emacspeak-w3-extract-by-id-list




It's a bit of both.

Some of those were useful in the early days to bootstrap things
in writing many of the search  wizards and url templates.

Once the framework was in place, it became a lot easier to write
those, and some of the helper tools dont get used as  much.

However I've found it useful to leave them in there because they
come in useful at times, and they're also good examples for
building other useful things.

Since all of emacspeak is compiled to be loaded dynamically (this
is what byte-compile-dynamic: t does)--
functins only get loaded on demand, i.e. 
if you use 10% of  the functions from a module, the other 90%
never get loaded --- this is also why you get "invalid byte code
in ..."
if you rebuild modules during a running emacspeak session.

So in summary: if you're on a learning adventure, definitely
spend some time looking at what's there; even if  some of these
tools dont prove directly useful, they may well give you ideas
for building better ones.

This is also why there are multiple xsl sheets that do almost the
same thing e.g. the transform that handles nested tables.

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert D Crawford <rdc1x@comcast.net> writes:
    Robert> raman@comcast.net (raman) writes:
    >> Fixed.  That command hasn't been used by me in ages, and I
    >> suspect global search/replace during some refactoring
    >> cycle bit.
    Robert> 
    Robert> In looking at many of these commands, I get the idea
    Robert> that they are there either for testing purposes or
    Robert> for a very narrow range of uses.  Is this true, or am
    Robert> I missing the point of these commands and need to
    Robert> take another, much closer look to see the general
    Robert> usefulness.
    Robert> 
    Robert> Thanks, rdc -- Robert D. Crawford rdc1x@comcast.net
    Robert> 
    Robert> "A raccoon tangled with a 23,000 volt line today.
    Robert> The results blacked out 1400 homes and, of course,
    Robert> one raccoon."  -- Steel City News
    Robert> 
    Robert> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Robert> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your
    Robert> address on the emacspeak list send mail to
    Robert> "emacspeak-request@cs.vassar.edu" with a subject of
    Robert> "unsubscribe" or "help"

-- 
Best Regards,
--raman

      
Email:  raman@users.sf.net
WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@gmail.com
PGP:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/raman-almaden.asc
Google: tv+raman 
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change your address on the
emacspeak list send mail to "emacspeak-request@cs.vassar.edu" with a
subject of "unsubscribe" or "help"



If you have questions about this archive or had problems using it, please send mail to:

priestdo@cs.vassar.edu No Soliciting!

Emacspeak List Archive | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | Pre 1998

Emacspeak Files | Emacspeak Blog | Search the archive