Re: emacspeak-w3-xslt-filter The State of Web Browsing in Emacspeak [very long]

Write yourself a strip-style.xsl as follows:

You can start by copying default.xsl (which imports identity.xsl
and does nothing else.

    Robert> "T. V. Raman" <raman@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
    >> I myself haven't run into trouble with w3 applying css --
    >> since I had the wrapper advice around the css parser in my
    >> environment (now checked in in emacspeak-w3).
    Robert>
    Robert> The problem I am having is a really niggling
    Robert> thing... more of an annoyance than anything major.
    Robert> Some pages I seem to visit and some emails I get
    Robert> specify styles that change the font size, coloring,
    Robert> and backgrounds.  I find this to be _highly_
    Robert> annoying.  Even more annoying than HTML mail itself.
    Robert> I think this might be from inline styles and pages
    Robert> that have styles in a style tag instead of calling a
    Robert> stylesheet.
    Robert>
    >> An XPath tutorial is again outside the scope of Emacspeak
    >> docs, but you might want to write a short section as a
    >> means of teaching it to yourself.
    Robert>
    Robert> I was more thinking of a paragraph than a full-blown
    Robert> tutorial.  Instead, I am providing a link to the
    Robert> wikipedia page.
    Robert>
    Robert> Thanks, rdc -- Robert D. Crawford rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Robert>
    Robert> I wish you were a Scotch on the rocks.

To this add rules that throw away style elements and style
    Robert> attributes (do not throw away class attributes.

the xsl for that would be something like
<xsl:template match="//style"/>
<xsl:template match="@style"/>

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx