Re: possible error with texinfo mode

   > What text to speech device are you using?

   Via voice.

Hmm ... that suggests the problem was not in espeakf, but in

   GNU Emacs 22.0.93.1 of 2007-01-23

So it could have been a font-lock variable or function.
Unfortunately, I don't see any meaningful changes around 23 January in
any Emacs file that has `font' in its name:

        emacs/lisp/font-core.el
        emacs/lisp/font-lock.el
        emacs/lisp/international/fontset.el
        emacs/lisp/progmodes/cc-fonts.el
        emacs/src/fontset.c
        emacs/src/fontset.h

I am puzzled.

   BTW, is there another command or variable to return the version number
   with the revision?

Not that I know of.  I wrote this, which searches through Emacspeak
files for the requisit information.  If you are to use this, you will
need to specify three times the directory of which emacspeak/ is the
subdirectory.  In my case, it is "/usr/local/src/" ...

Doubtless, simpler and more general expressions can be written, but I
have not done so since I wrote this and they work for me ...

(setq emacspeak-version-for-e-v-written
       (let ((news-file "/usr/local/src/emacspeak/etc/NEWS")
             (news-buffer "NEWS")
             (search-in-news-buffer "Additions And Changes")
             (entries-file "/usr/local/src/emacspeak/lisp/.svn/entries")
             (entries-buffer "entries")
             (search-in-entries-buffer "dir")
             emacspeak-version
             emacspeak-revision)
         (when (file-exists-p news-file)
           (save-excursion
             (find-file-noselect news-file)
             (set-buffer news-buffer)
             (goto-char (point-min))
             (setq emacspeak-version
                   (format "Emacspeak %s"
                           (when (search-forward search-in-news-buffer nil t)
                             (forward-word -5)
                             (buffer-substring-no-properties
                              (point)
                              (save-excursion (forward-char 4) (point))))))
             (kill-buffer news-buffer)))
         (when (file-exists-p entries-file)
           (save-excursion
             (find-file-noselect entries-file)
             (set-buffer entries-buffer)
             (goto-char (point-min))
             (setq emacspeak-revision
                   (format "Revision %s"
                           (when (search-forward search-in-entries-buffer nil t)
                             (buffer-substring-no-properties
                              (1+ (point))
                              (save-excursion (forward-char 5) (point))))))
             (kill-buffer entries-buffer)))
         (format "%s %s" emacspeak-version emacspeak-revision)))

(defun emacspeak-version-written (&optional here)
  "Write version information for running Emacspeak.
Optional HERE insert in current buffer."
  (interactive "P")
  (declare (special emacspeak-version-for-e-v-written
                    voice-animate voice-bold
                    emacspeak-sounds-directory
                    emacspeak-use-auditory-icons
                    emacspeak-codename))
  (let* (emacspeak-version-string
         (version (format "%s" emacspeak-version-for-e-v-written))
         (CVS-or-SVN-indicator-file
          "/usr/local/src/emacspeak/.svn"))
    ;; "/usr/local/src/emacspeak/lisp/CVS"
    (setq emacspeak-version-string
          (concat version
                  (when (file-exists-p CVS-or-SVN-indicator-file)
                    (concat
                     "    Emacspeak sources last modified at"
                     "\n                  "
                     (format-time-string
                      "%_H:%M %Z, on %A, %_e %B %Y"
                      (nth 5 (file-attributes CVS-or-SVN-indicator-file)))))
                  "  \n"))
    (if here
        (insert emacspeak-version-string)
      (if (interactive-p)
          (message "%s" emacspeak-version-string)
        emacspeak-version-string))))

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    bob@xxxxxxxxxxx                         bob@xxxxxxxxxxx