Re: [Fwd: Emacspeak with doubletalk LT. "process speaker not running" on gentoo]

From: gary fox <garyfox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Fwd: Emacspeak with doubletalk LT. "process speaker not running" on gentoo]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 23:16:52 -0600

Gary,

note that there is a difference between standard TCL and Extended TCL.
Emacspeak requires extended TCL, often packaged as Tclx. You will probably also
need version 8.3 because version 8.4 no longer includes a tclx shell.

Also, I'm not sure how good the support for DoubleTalk LT is. The last time I
tried it out, I found it was a bit out of date and did not work correctly with
more recent versions of Emacspeak. The support for the DoubleTalk LT was
written some time back and I'm not sure to what extent it has been maintained.
As it is not a standard component of emacspeak, but rather work contributed by
a user. you may need to tweak it a bit. From memory, it didn't handle
processing of control strings used in other servers (notably the Double Talk
Express) correctly. However, it was some time ago when I tried it, so things
may have been updated. At the time, I think I did enough diagnosis to determine
it wouldn't be too difficult to fix, but I got distracted on other things and
didn't go any further.

regards,

Tim