Re: tcl 8.4 and emacspeak

You are right.  I don't know why it worked or actually even if it did
work correctly because I do not have experience with a working emacspeak
system.

Since I now have the doubletalk server as an independent executable
file, I started it and ran the procedure tts_selftest.  It was not able
to repeat the loop and gave the following error.
Error: can not find channel named "file0"

Toward the end of the doubletalk server file there a section called
#working around tcl 7.5   (Looks like deja-vu all over again!)
modified the the following line:

set tts(input) file0
set tts(input) stdin

This time tts_selftest looped from 1 to 9 and no errors were reported

I commented out all of the if statement in that section since it should
have no effect on my setup.  However, once I really know what I am doing
I will try to fix it correctly to work with 8.3 and 8.4 as well as the
7.5.

Thanks again for the help!

Gary Fox