Re: emacspeak-rss-browse

"Robert D. Crawford" <rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx> says,

    I did this command ...

    rdc@xxxxxxxxxxx:~/sourceforge$ cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxx:/sources/w3 update w3

Now I am confused.  Shouldn't you cd to the ~/sourceforge/w3/
directory first?  No, I guess not.  You can specify a directory rather
than be in it.  That feature is helpful.

It turns out that `cvs update' checks for directories that update does
not change; that is where we get the `cvs update: ' remarks.  I had
forgot.

So your update command said that nothing in your repository had to be
changed.  Evidently, it did not Modify or Update anything.  That makes
sense since W3 changes seldom.

Finally, I discovered why your checkout command behaves like update.
Info says

    (cvs)checkout

    Create or update a working directory ...  You must execute
    `checkout' before using most of the other CVS commands, since most
    of them operate on your working directory.  ...

So that is the answer.  The `checkout' command updates or it creates.
Interestingly, Info says about the `update' command,

    (cvs)update

    ... when it is convenient in your development process, you can use
    the `update' command from within your working directory to
    reconcile your work with any revisions applied to the source
    repository since your last checkout or update. ...

This morning's updates to W3, Emacspeak, and Emacs all succeeded.  I
built a new working Emacspeak.

When I evaluate

    (emacspeak-rss-browse "BBC News")

in an instance of Emacspeak in which uses the w3m WWW browser, w3m
works fine.

Emacspeak works with w3, too, although the command pushes the text 46
columns to the right.

(Both instances are from an Emacspeak modified at 12:00 UTC,
yesterday, 7 March 2007, revision 4418, with W3 sources revised on
15:26 UTC 7 March, and using Emacs sources updated at 11:38 UTC 8
March and rebuilt shortly after.)

Good to know about URL.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    bob@xxxxxxxxxxx                         bob@xxxxxxxxxxx