Emacspeak in .emacs VS. emacspeak script

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the response.

1.The value of emacspeak-play-emacspeak-startup-icon is `t'
2.  The sound file emacspeak.mp3 is in the sounds subdirectory of
emacspeak.
3. mplayer can play this fine but not `aplay' which is my auditory
icon player.
In fact trying to run aplay on emacspeak.mp3 creates a horrible
racket!

Let us quietly drop this thread, since it is of no consequence.

Cheers.
Kalyan