Re: Accessing Orkut and more

Hello Rob,
Rob Hill writes:
  I'd be interested
 > to hear whether anyone else uses term mode.

I do use term mode for a very peculiar task: playing mp3 files using
mplayer! The usual trick of `C-e ;' does not seem to work for me.

So I do M-x term then hit Return twice, switch to character mode  then
$cd music RET
$ mplayer foo.mp3
and now `C-e d q' (so that mplayer's messages are not read out) then
hit RET,
the music starts, when I want to stop listening type `q'  and `C-c k'
to kill the terminal.

This sounds crazy but rather than spend a lot of time trying to figure
out why `C-e;' (or is it a `:'?) does not work I can listen to music
-- I cannot do other things when I listen to music --  and when
satisfied get on with my real work.

Sorry -- if this is not the kind of thing you wanted to hear about.

Cheers.
Kalyan