Re: SVN Version is broken!

Well, Like I said in my other message, the permissions appear to be
correct but I just tried your suggested test anyway and got a most
interesting result plus no speech.  I will attach the script below.

Script started on Mon 02 Jul 2007 05:00:14 AM MST
root@xxxxxxxxxxx:~# /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/espeak
invalid command name "signal"

    while executing

"signal ignore {sigint}"

    (file "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/servers/espeak" line 505)

root@xxxxxxxxxxx:~# exit
exit

Script done on Mon 02 Jul 2007 05:01:39 AM MST

I don't tcl so didn't begin to debug that yet.  Just tried this same
command on my desktop machine and it worked as expected.  It spoke and
left me in a tcl prompt.  So there's something strange going on for
sure.

While I looked back over at my laptop, I found the difference that
caused all my problems!!! It seems that the espeak module in my
/usr/share/emacs... directory had a '/!#/usr/bin/tclsh' where the one
in my svn/emacspeak/servers directory had a '/!#/usr/bin/tcl'.  Oh,
the espeak command worked properly in the personal directory with the
/usr/bin/tcl reference.  So I just went into the one in the system
directory and changed to tcl and now it works.  Now I'm not sure where
exactly that tclsh reference came from; perhaps it was an earlier
version or something.  Anyway, finally past that herdle.

Now I can get into more interesting efforts with emacspeak.  I have
another question.  where are synth pitch changes controled from for a
given synth? Or better yet, where are pronunciations controled from?
What I'm getting at is some of the punctuation marks while using
espeak aren't quite right.  In particular, parentheses and brackets
and angle brackets have some funny extra text spoken when they are
read one at a time.  I'm thinking some bad pitch controls are being
used or something.  i would be glad to fix them once I realize where
to go.

Thanks to both Lokas and TV Raman for the timely help here.