Re: SVN Version is broken!

This was the problem I fixed last evening, I dont believe you've
done an svn update everywhere.

The bug had slipped in during a failed attempt to move everything
to tcl8.4 and then reverting the change, not all the changes had
gotten reverted correctly.

> [...]
    Steve> parentheses and brackets and angle brackets have some
    Steve> funny extra text spoken when they are read one at a
    Steve> time.  I'm thinking some bad pitch controls are being
    Steve> used or something.  i would be glad to fix them once I
    Steve> realize where to go.
    Steve>
    Steve> Thanks to both Lokas and TV Raman for the timely help
    Steve> here.
    Steve>
    Steve> On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 10:22:28AM +0200, Lukas
    Steve> Loehrer wrote:
    >> When testing espeak from the console, do not invoke it
    >> with tcl explicitly because emacspeak will not either. Try
    >> something like
    >>
    >> ./espeak
    >>
    >> in the servers directory. If you get a "Permission
    >> denied", try
    >>
    >> chmod 755 espeak
    >>
    >> Best regards, Lukas
    >>

    >> Steve Holmes writes ("Re: SVN Version is broken!"): >
    >> Thanks for the quick fixes.  For some reason however, my
    >> laptop which > is using the svn version still won't work
    >> with espeak.  dtksoft works > on it though.  espeak works
    >> properly when I run it from tcl at the > shell but emacs /
    >> emacspeak just keeps saying "process speaker not >
    >> running" with no further explanation available.  I'm
    >> really not sure > where else to look here.

    >> writes: > > Steve> I thought I would give the latest svn
    >> poll from > > Steve> yesterday Sat Jun 30 a try and I'm
    >> getting "process > > Steve> speaker not running" when I
    >> try to use espeak.  It so > > Steve> happens that when I
    >> try to select espeak, I get the > > Steve> following:
    >> Symbol's value as variable is void: > > Steve>
    >> emacspeak-ssh-tts-server What has ssh-tts-server got > >
    >> Steve> to do with espeak? the plain 26.0 version worked ok
    >> as > > Steve> long as I grab the svn directory of
    >> linux-espeak and > > Steve> hack the Makefile a bit.  Once
    >> the process speak not > > Steve> running occurs, I'm stuck
    >> in emacs and can't do > > Steve> anything in it.  Even
    >> with Speakup running, I can't > > Steve> even exit the
    >> program; I end up killing emacs from > > Steve> another
    >> console.  I got dectalk to run ok but today it > > Steve>
    >> crashed and then I got the dreaded "process speaker > >
    >> Steve> not running" error again.  At least yesterday with
    >> the > > Steve> prod version of emacspeak, dtk-soft would
    >> poop out but > > Steve> I could always restart again with
    >> c-e c-s.  I found > > Steve> espeak to be extremely
    >> responsive and generally worked > > Steve> well with prod
    >> version of espeak.  > > Steve> > > Steve> Any ideas? Not
    >> sure where to go to fix the voide > > Steve> symbol.  > >
    >> Steve> > > Steve> -- HolmesGrown Solutions The best
    >> solutions for the > > Steve> best price!
    >> http://holmesgrown.ld.net/ > > Steve> > > Steve>

    >> http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/ > > AIM: emacspeak GTalk:
    >> tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx > > PGP:
    >> http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/raman-almaden.asc > >
    >> Google: tv+raman > > IRC: irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > HolmesGrown Solutions > The best solutions for the best

HolmesGrown Solutions The best solutions for the best price!