Re: error installing svn version

Hello Kalyan,

Kalyan Mukherjea <kalyan.infinity@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> T. V. Raman writes:
>  >
>  > P.S. if  you check code out of svn, then do a make README -- that
>  > will set emacspeak-version to contain the svn version number
>
> Sorry for this stupid question (I have never done a S E N checkout)
>
> but does one do this in addition to
> make `SRC=pwd
> make emacspeak

In addition to.  Here are the steps I take:

1.  I keep my svn version in the sourceforge directory, just as the cvs
version was

svn checkout http://emacspeak.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ emacspeak

This will create a directory called emacspeak, if it does not exist
already, and will check out the latest svn version.

2.  cd emacspeak

3.  make clean

4.  make README

5.  make emacspeak

Actually, I do all of these on one line in the shell, linking them
together with logical and (&& - the double ampersand character) so that
if one fails it does not execute the next command.

After these steps I run a shell script I wrote to automate the make
install process and all the steps associated with it.  If you like I can
send it to you.

> or omit the second  line only?
>
> Your cryptic comment puzzles me because as an Emacspeak-25 user if I
> do
> C-e V I get:
> You are using  Emacspeak 25.0  revision 4289 4293 Activedog
>
> This has never happenned before. I downloaded the code from
> googlecode.

I assume that you are using the release version, as you said you have
not done a svn checkout.  The make README is probably not necessary in
the release version.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

Q:	What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead
	lawyer in the road?
A:	There are skid marks in front of the dog.