Re: compile error on emacspeak-26.0 (error 2)

On Mon, Oct 15, 2007 at 07:57:31PM -0500, Robert D. Crawford wrote:
> "John Wise" <johnmwise@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > I get the same compile error after make on Mac OSX 10.4 and cygwin
> > under windows XP
> >
> > While compiling toplevel forms in file emacspeak-url-template.el:
> >   !! File error (("Cannot open load file" "url"))
>
> You did not mention it, so I'll ask.  What version of emacs are you
> using?  You can most easily tell us what it is by issuing the command:
>
> C-u M-x emacs-version RET
>
> Working under the assumption that you are using emacs21, you need to
> upgrade to emacs 22 or stay with an earlier version of emacspeak.  After
> a new version of emacs is released, old versions are not supported.
>
> rdc
> --
> Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Most seminars have a happy ending.  Everyone's glad when they're over.

That is indeed the problem. On cygwin and on the Mac, I'm using the default
emacs install and on cygiwn it's
GNU Emacs 21.2.1

Thnaks to everyone for you're quick response.
-john
--
Even offering three hundred bowls of food three times a day does not
match the spiritual merit gained in one moment of love. - Nagarjuna