Re: emacspeak and web browsing

"Don Raikes" <don@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> In readingthrough the emacspeak documentation, it looks like w3 is the
> "speechified" browser for emacs.

w3 works well and there are some really nice features.  w3m works well
also.

> However, I cannot find a copy of w3 anywhere. It is not installed with
> my copy of emacs 22.1, nor is it anywhere on the web that I can find.

You did not mention which distribution you are using so I will go ahead
and tell you that, most likely, the one included with your distro, if it
is included, is not as up-to-date as the one you can get via cvs.  The
easiest way for you to get information on these two packages, and any
other package written for emacs is via the emacs wiki.  Find it here:

http://www.emacswiki.org

and here is a page that has links to both browsers:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en?CategoryWebBrowser

> Is there a newer browser for emacspeak?

I would suggest having a look at the section of the emacspeak info
manual that discusses web browsing.  It goes into some bit of detail on
the subject but I cannot remember all of what is touched on.  It has
been several months since I wrote it so it should be up-to-date.

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@xxxxxxxxxxx

Is truth not truth for all?
		-- Natira, "For the World is Hollow and I have Touched
		   the Sky", stardate 5476.4.