To: "Negoslav Sabev" <negi4a@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <emacspeak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 13, 2008 9:53 PM
Subject: newe to emacs

Hello Negoslav,

Yes, emacspeak works with Ubuntu.  If you go to:

https://www.emacspeak.org/VCCS-archive/2007/msg00677.html

this will tell you how to install emacspeak with espeak support,  and
you could progress from there.

I found the easiest way to learn emacs and emacspeak was via the emacs
tutorial at:

http://www.hsrl.rutgers.edu/ug/emacs_tutorial.html

in conjunction with the emacspeak documentation:

control-e h

gives a list of commands

control-h i

brings up the emacs info pages, and you can search for emacspeak
within them.

control-e T

brings up emacspeak tips and tricks.

There is much more help available, but this should get you started.

Via voice outloud is, I think everyone would agree, the best speech
engine, but it is not free.  You can get it from

www.voxin.org

for about $5 U.S.

I don't know about support for languages other than English, though.

Rob
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Hill" <robhill@xxxxxxxxxxx>