HTTPSpeaker.py test

Hello,
I'm looking at Raman's blog post about integrating firevox into
emacspeak.  I tried running the suggested test with
HTTPSpeaker.py and wget.
The python process started, but the wget gave an error with a traceback.
At the bottom it said:
ioerror broken pipe.  It stopped on a line which looked like it was
queueing the text to be spoken.

Perhaps my outloud server isn't running.  I'm running tcl8.3.  Should I
be using tcl8.4?

I had the same error with emacspeak27 and with the svn code.
I also encountered an error in the speaker.py module from svn.  The
error is in the _test function and involves invalid ascii characters
<a0><bb>.  i'm also running python2.5 which may make a difference.

tia
Chris