character echo and english-dvorak

This bug  / behavior is even more interesting than I first
thought.

Background: when you type, emacs invokes command
self-insert-command which inserts the char you typed.
That command is implemented in C, and advising it wont work
because o fhow it is implemented. So emacspeak defines its own
emacspeak-self-insert-command that calls self-insert-command and
then speaks the char.

As I said in my earlier message, that command speaks the char
that invoked it, rather than (preceding-char) I just checked in
that change.

However, it turns out that the feedback you hear when using an
alternative input method is not from command
emacspeak-self-insert-command --- Emacspeak is intercepting one
of the calls in the input translation sequence --- I'm yet to
identify which call -- and that is why you hear the original
qwerty layout keys as you type in dworak.

That feedback is present with or without char echo; with char
echo on, the output from emacspeak-sef-insert-command flushes the
echoing of the qwerty key you pressed... when you turn off
char-echo, you then here the spurious output that I mentioned earlier.

WWW:    http://emacspeak.sf.net/raman/
AIM:    emacspeak       GTalk: tv.raman.tv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Google: tv+raman
IRC:    irc://irc.freenode.net/#emacs