How to disable synth processing

Hello:

I have set up Emacspeak with the Viavoice synthesiser. I can notice that Emacspeak does some speech manipulations, for example, inserting pauses between words, raising and lowering the pitch at punctuation marks, and so on.

The problem is that it may sound good for English Speakers, but for me who speaks Portuguese and uses Viavoice in Portuguese, it doesn't sound very confortable.

Is there a way to disable at least the pauses and cuts between words, so that the speech can sound more "natural" in the sense of how Viavoice sounds while not being processed at all?

Thank you
Cleverson