RE: compiling outloud under debian sid

Hi all,

Thanks to Tim’s help and some poking around I have now managed to get the atclei.so to appear.  It appears that under debian you need to not use libtool and just execute the commands by hand with the addition of –shared to the linking step.

Now that that is all working I’m having responsiveness issues with outloud.  I am running this inside a vm under a mac.

For some reason there is a significant delay when asking speech to stop.  It also appears to have some relationship to the length of the text sent to the tts.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this sort of behavior.  I am currently not using a .asoundrc file.  I can also report that jaws in my windows xp vm runs very snappy as does orca with espeak.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bart