State of Google client

Hi all,
I've recently become interested in Google's blogging service, among other
things.  I was looking into the G-client interface and wondering how
exactly it could be used.  As far as I understand it, the interface it
provides is somewhat low-level, i.e. requiring you to know quite a bit
about the GData and blogging APIs to get much done.
So, I'm curious if anybody has done anything with this client?  I'm
trying to figure out how to post entries, along with editing and
deleting and the like.
Best and thanks,
Zack.