Re: emacspeak 33.0

 "D.J.J. Ring, Jr." <n1ea@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote ...
>I've got it up and running in Ubuntu Karmic - wonderful.
>
>However I'm still getting eci synthesizer errors in Mint Debian :-( which is
>unfortunate because I have managed to get a console version of Mint Debian
>which supports many wifi cards and other hardware that Debian does not.
>Voxin speaks in the Voxin say directory using ./say - but alas emacspeak is
>silent.

David,

it is likely that your problem on mint is due to conflicts regarding eci.ini
files.

This problem can be fixed by adding an environment variable to your .profile
called ECIINI which contains the path to your eci.ini file.

If you look in /var/opt/IBM/ibmtts/cfg, you will likely find an eci.ini file
there. if so, put

ECIINI=/var/opt/IBM/ibmtts/cfg/eci.ini
export ECIINI

into your .profile. You will need to log out and log back in for this to take
effect (or source .profile).