Re: fixing pitch/changes in source

C-e dv in emacspeak should turn off voice lock.
    Littlefield,> Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll check both
    Littlefield,> of those out. On 9/27/2012 5:05 PM, Tim Cross
    Littlefield,> wrote:
    >> A possible quick fix would be to turn off font-locking in
    >> that mode. Emacspeak uses the font-lock text properties to
    >> apply voice locking, so this should mean everything will
    >> just be spoken in a normal voice.
    >>
    >> The 'long-term' or correct fix would probably be to tweak
    >> the voice settings for the particular speech server you
    >> are using. This will depend on which server you have, but
    >> essentially you would need to tweak the voice setting for
    >> the voice you find hard to hear or understand. Look at the
    >> acss-structure.el file and the *-voices.el file to get an
    >> idea. The emacs-wizards-generate-voice-sampler and
    >> emacspeak-wizards-voice-sampler may help in identifying
    >> the voices and hearing what different parameters do. IIt
    >> is likely you will be able to set a new value for the
    >> voice via the emacspeak customization buffers - look under
    >> the tts group for the voice stuff. You just need to
    >> identify which voice you need to change and then what to
    >> change it to so that it is distinct and you can hear and
    >> understand it when used.
    >>
    >> Tim
    >>
    >> On 28 September 2012 08:07, Littlefield, Tyler
    >> <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >>> Hello all: I had a quick question. I've looked through a
    >>> few info pages already, but I'm not seeing what I
    >>> want--perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place? I'm editing
    >>> some cpp code, and for whatever reason, emacspeak keeps
    >>> getting really deep and quiet when it reads the return
    >>> type of a function as well in some other places. Is there
    >>> a way to turn that off? I just want it to read the code
    >>> to me. A solution to turning it off/a pointer to the
    >>> correct info node would be appreciated. Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Take care, Ty http://tds-solutions.net The aspen project:
    >>> a barebones light-weight mud engine:
    >>> http://code.google.com/p/aspenmud He that will not reason
    >>> is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that
    >>> dares not reason is a slave.

    Littlefield,>
    Littlefield,>
    Littlefield,> -- Take care, Ty http://tds-solutions.net The
    Littlefield,> aspen project: a barebones light-weight mud
    Littlefield,> engine: http://code.google.com/p/aspenmud He
    Littlefield,> that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot
    Littlefield,> reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a
    Littlefield,> slave.
    Littlefield,>
    Littlefield,> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or
    Littlefield,> change your address on the emacspeak list send
    Littlefield,> mail to "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with
    Littlefield,> a subject of "unsubscribe" or "help".