[SPAM?] Re: [slightly OT] pulseaudio, Orca, and Emacs

And I also have the following for editing files as root:
alias V='SUDO_EDITOR="emacsclient -c -a emacs" sudoedit'

V <filename>  at an emacs shell will pop up the edit buffer with
the file opened as root
    Tim> Just support Raman's point here. You can even have emacs
    Tim> start in daemon mode as part of your login process and
    Tim> then just use emacsclient whenever you want to use emacs
    Tim> - either from within X or from the console.
    Tim>
    Tim> I also have the following in my profile
    Tim>
    Tim> EDITOR='emacsclient -c ' export EDITOR
    Tim>
    Tim> VISUAL='emacsclient -c' export VISUAL
    Tim>
    Tim> TEXEDIT='emacsclient -c +%d +%s' export TEXEDIT
    Tim>
    Tim> ALTERNATE_EDITOR='' export ALTERNATE_EDITOR
    Tim>
    Tim> The last one is quite important. If you have
    Tim> alternate_editor set to '' i.e. null, then if you run
    Tim> emacsclient and there is no emacs daemon running, one
    Tim> will be automatically started for you. The other three
    Tim> are nice to ensure programs which use an editor default
    Tim> to using emacs via emacsclient.
    Tim>
    Tim> Tim
    Tim>
    Tim>
    Tim> T. V. Raman writes:
    >> If you're running both on the text console and the X
    >> desktop, then make sure you dont run two emacs sessions;
    >> instead, start emacs as a daemon -- do emacs --daemon and
    >> then start emacsclient where you want emacs. This means
    >> you'll be able to share all of your context between the
    >> graphical desktop and the text console. >>>>>
    >> "Christopher" == Christopher Chaltain <chaltain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    >> writes:
    Christopher> I use this work around when using Speakup in a
    Christopher> console, but actually, I've been running Emacs
    Christopher> more and more on the desktop. I like the
    Christopher> integration between the clipboard and kill
    Christopher> ring. BTW, is there a way to easily copy thing
    Christopher> between Emacs running in a console and an
    Christopher> application on the desktop?
    Christopher>
    Christopher> On 04/15/2013 08:37 AM, Josà Vilmar EstÃcio de
    Christopher> Souza wrote:
    >> using >> a login different than the login used in X.

    Christopher>
    Christopher> -- Christopher (CJ) chaltain at Gmail
    Christopher>
    Christopher> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change
    Christopher> your address on the emacspeak list send mail to
    Christopher> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject
    Christopher> of "unsubscribe" or "help".