Re: installing binaries under /usr/share?

W dniu 09/16/2013 04:25 PM, Chris Brannon pisze:
viavoice.  According to the FHS, only architecture-independent files
belong under /usr/share.
Really, the architecture-dependent binary files probably belong
somewhere like /usr/lib/emacspeak instead.

Chris, please explain. Is it the strict requirement before packaging the application, or you just want it to be very correct. You see that Raman thinks it is not necessary and his arguments are quite convincing. But if preserving right directories is a must, we may try to find a solution. Together. Making emacpeak easy to package should be important thing as it potentially increases the number of users. I believe we want to have users.

Jarek