Re: installing binaries under /usr/share?

W dniu 09/28/2013 04:43 AM, Chris Brannon pisze:
Using symlinks, it's possible to fix this with no change to the
emacspeak source, and that's what I'm going to do for Gentoo.

Chris,

What worries me is duplication of work. You said before that Debian patches the source before packaging. But I don't see such patches under "debian" directory in emacspeak source repo. Maybe you could place your packaging scripts and instructions under something like "packaging/gentoo", "packaging/fedora"? It could be used for other potential distro packagers too.

I would like to fill the directory "packaging/windows", because I have successful experiences with such installation. That's why I have an idea of creating a "packaging" directory or something of that kind. (BTW: please don't hijack this thread to ask about windows, I'll start a separate thread soon).

Regards
Jarek