Re: Almost decent working standard packaged emacspeak/eflite on Debian 7.2

Yarek, thanks and please look below for inline remarks.

Jarek Czekalski <jarekczek@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Jerry
>
> If Emacspeak does not work out of the box, as it worked in my case,
> please file a bug in Debian. They are responsive and helpful. I hope
> the Emacspeak version you have bundled is 38, because the previous one
> was very old.

Good catch here.  I am sad to say that apparently this Debian distro
shipped with Emacspeak 29.  As per my reply to the list and Tim, best I
not screw around any more till getting much newer code to start from.

> Debian has Accessibility Team and they know Emacspeak is important.

I am pleased to hear that.

Thank you

> I can't help because my machine is 32-bit and all is easier in such
> environment.
>
> Best,
> Jarek

Jerry Sievers