Re: rmail-fetch-field

Hi Chris,

the 8.2.0b version should work, but I do run with the latest bar trunk. This was primarily because at one stage, I was contributing some fixes and needed to be on the latest version and have stayed there since. The trunk is quite stable.

I was using VM with gmail for quite some time and had no significant issues with SSL/TLS. There were some issues due to changes in emacs, but I believe that provided your running emacs 24.3 or later, it should work fine. Note that there have been some minor changes with VM which have had very slight impact on how well it works with emacspeak. These are extremely minor and depend largely on how you run/configure VM. For example, VM now has threading support and as a consequence, it isn't as easy to know when you are on a thread. However, I've found it quite manageable and you can always turn threading off. Of course, there are a lot of configuration options and it can take a bit of effort to get exactly the configuration you need.

The have been some imap issues, but these have been primarily with imap connections to MS Exchange mail servers. I've had no issues with gmail or my work imap. I do have to say that I've largely stopped using VM now, preferring instead to use Chrome and ChromeVox or Apple Mail with voiceOver. I have only stopped using VM for work in the last 2 weeks though.

Hope this helps

IT Security Manager, Information Technology
University of New England
Armidale N.Sl.W. 2350

Email: tcross@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: +61 2 6773 3210