Re: emacs-24.3 + emacspeak-39.0

Make sure you're running the same Emacs that you built emacspeak
with.

make EMACS=<your_emacs>

Everything you are seeing is because of version mismatch,
    lsmithso> Hi: I fixed the first problem - I aliased emacs to
    lsmithso> the path to emacs-24 , but make ignores aliases so
    lsmithso> emacspeak was being built with emacs 23, so no
    lsmithso> cl-proclaim.
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso> This fixed some of the other problems, but m-arrow
    lsmithso> keys still do not work. I see in emacs-24 that
    lsmithso> m-right arrow is bound to right-word, whereas in
    lsmithso> emacs-23 its bound to forward-word. right-word is
    lsmithso> not advised by emacspeak-39., which is why its
    lsmithso> doesn't speak.
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso> What's the best way to fix this? Rebind the keys or
    lsmithso> add advised functions?
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso> I've also lost the auditory icons. The blank line
    lsmithso> and buffer modified beeps work though.
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso> lsmithso@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    >> Hi: I've been a happy and productive user of emacs-23.3
    >> and emacspeak 37.0 for a while now. I want to bite the
    >> bullet and update to the latest stable emacs + emacspeak
    >> versions. I've successfully built emacs 24.3 from source
    >> but I'm having trouble building and running
    >> emacspeak-39.0. I wondered if I might get some help.
    >>
    >> OS is stock Vinux 4.0 Emacs version 24.3 built from source
    >> Emacspeak version 39.0
    >>
    >> The first problem I have is with building emacspeak:
    >>
    >> emacspeak-webutils.el:56:1:Error: Symbol's function
    >> definition is void: cl-proclaim
    >>
    >> If I ignore this error and plow on (perhaps unwisely) with
    >> 'make -k', then run the result, I have the following
    >> problems:
    >>
    >> Cursor up and down speaks the whole line, but cursor left
    >> or right doesn't speak the character under the cursor.
    >>
    >> Meta cursor left/right doesn't speak the word under the
    >> cursor.
    >>
    >> c-c Home goes home but doesn't speak the 1st line of the
    >> buffer.
    >>
    >> c-c End goes to the end of the buffer but doesn't sound
    >> the audio icon.
    >>
    >> A number of other audio icons seem to be missing, ie after
    >> a c-g.
    >>
    >> Incidentally, emacspeak-version in emacspeak-setup.el is
    >> stuck at 38.0.
    >>

    >> Thanks for any help you can give.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Les Smithson

    lsmithso>
    lsmithso> -- Les Smithson
    lsmithso>
    lsmithso> To unsubscribe from the emacspeak list or change
    lsmithso> your address on the emacspeak list send mail to
    lsmithso> "emacspeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxx" with a subject of
    lsmithso> "unsubscribe" or "help".