backware-word behaving oddly

Good afternoon,

I've noticed some strange behaviour in shell mode in emacs built from
trunk.

I'm not sure if it is an emacs thing or emacspeak or a bug in my setup
of some sort.

What I'm seeing is that in shell mode when I'm at a bash prompt
issueing meta b (backward-word) does nothing at all.

If I move one char to the left then it works as expected.  It feels like
that when I'm at the very end of the buffer backward word isn't moving
point.

Has anyone else seen this and if so any ideas on why?

Kind regards
Bart
--

Bart Bunting