OS X questions

Hello,
I have compiled and installed Emacs/Emacspeak under OS X. The git repo is at ~/emacspeak on my machine.
My .emacs is as follows (per manual):
(load-file "~/emacspeak/lisp/emacspeak-setup.el")

Questions:
1. I can launch emacs from the terminal, as long as I export DTK_PROGRAM="mac" beforehand.
Can I set my speech system choice in my .emacs so I can launch from the GUI?
Can I set a default speech rate to be used globally on launch?
How do I configure and enable auditory icons under OS X, to be enabled globally upon launch preferably from .emacs?
Any tips for learning Emacs?
Does Emacs have a Python mode? If so, any tips for learning it?
Does Emacs have git integration? If so, any tips for learning it?
Thanks,
Bill