Re: Google search question.

I build a version of w3m that claims to support HTTP/1.1.
Unfortunately, this hat the side effect of making w3m very slow, even
without emacs-w3m. The Google homepage would not load at all. However,
it made the problem with dzone.com go away. It is too slow to be
useful. I did not further investigate the slowness.

Anyway, the problem with the Google results page seems to be caused by the following meta-tag in the returned HTML:

I do knot know why this is suddenly present. It will cause the page to
be refreshed immediately. Apparently, Google somehow forgot to test their site
with emacs-w3m ;).

Both w3m and emacs-w3m support this meta-refresh-feature. I first
tried to put the following into /etc/w3m/config, but it did not help:

meta_refresh 0

Then I set the config variable w3m-use-refresh to nil which made the
problem go away. Of course, this means that the feature is disable
globally wich might cause trouble on other sites.

Best regards, Lukas