Removal of voice locking text properties disabled?

Hai all

I recently updated my ca. 2 year old installation of Emacspeak and
noticed that voice locking did nont work as before. I tracked it down
to the fact that the advice on the text property removal functions is
explicitly deactivated in emacspeak-personality.el:

;;; deactivate these for now
(ad-deactivate 'remove-list-of-text-properties)
(ad-deactivate 'remove-text-properties)

Why was this done? The consequence for is strange behavior like the
following. For example, in python-mode if I type the word "define" it
is pronounced as "def ine" , because while typeing, the keyword "def"
is temporarily syntax-highlighted and therefore voice-locked. While
the former is removed as soon as the letter "i" is type, the latter is
not.

I have removed the above lines from emacspeak-personality.el and could
not detected any ill effects in Emacs 24.4.1.

Best regards, Lukas