Re: Question: how to use eSpeak with Emacspeak?

Parham Doustdar <parham90@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> As I previously mentioned in another message, using it is
> very difficult at this point, because of the fact that I hear
> 'capital' before everything.

Turn off split caps mode.  C-e d s within a buffer, and C-u e d s to
disable it globally.

Split caps mode doesn't make much sense for the espeak server, because
espeak already inserts pauses around capitals.
I think the original intent of the code was to allow split caps mode to make
capitalization even more explicit by having espeak say capital.  But
AFAIK nobody who uses the server needs this, so perhaps it should be disabled?
If there are no complaints, I'll send a patch.

Here's another issue with capitalization that bugs me.  When moving
character by character, or typing a character at the keyboard, there is
no pitch-rise to indicate capitalization.  It would be nice to have
that, since all the other synths do it.  Again, I will look into sending
a patch.

-- Chris