talkingarch emacspeak-git install

I figure to use espeak since it's already running on this machine.
Having downloaded the emacspeak-git package and installed it, I put the emacspeak-setup.el line at the top of my .emacs and all was installing fine until process speaker 1 not running error came up. For now at least the arch wiki has got no article on this package yet so I figured it best to ask for some assistance here. I haven't done any additions to the arch wiki yet so may or may not be able to write an article for this package with what I learn here and perhaps submit it to the wiki. I used yaourt to install the package so can do some things in that hierarchy if necessary to clear this error.