Re: Symbol's function definition is void when listing packages

I ahve noticed the same on both OSX and Linux.

As soon as you run M-x calendar, this problem goes away.

I’ve not had time to look at the exact cause, but suspect that something in emacspeak-package.el is relying on definitions in calendar.el which are not loaded if you haven’t run calendar yet. Many people use calendar and diary and likely have it hooked into org-mode, so may not see this issue as the necessary calendar stuff is probably getting loaded at startup and prior to running package-list-packages.

regards,

IT Security Manager
Information Technology Directorate

University of New England